When you need high temperature labels, Coast Label has you covered. As a premium custom label company, we offer a wide variety of options to fit your needs. We can help you engineer heat-resistant labels that will stay put in temps of up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit.
Heat resistant labels often display important safety information, but exposure to high temperatures can cause adhesive to fail or labels to wear down. Whether it’s a pinch point warning or a control panel, it’s important that your labels hold up. You need labels printed on high-quality materials that will resist breakdown and remain legible when exposed to high temps.
High-temperature labels are important across many industries. From factories to the medical field, high temp labels are commonly used on:
- Circuit boards
- Industrial equipment
- Lab equipment
Heat Resistant Labels
When designing heat resistant labels, there are a number of factors to consider. The material the labels are printed on needs to hold up to the heat. Polyester is the most common material used in heat resistant labels and can withstand temperatures up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. But depending on the application of your labels, you may need something that can handle even high temperatures. For example, Thermogard labels can handle up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit and are ideal for circuit board labeling. For electronic parts, we can manufacture Tribogard labels. As a custom label company, we’ll help you determine the best material for your label’s intended use.
Another factor to consider is the label adhesive. If the material holds up against heat but the adhesive doesn’t, the label will fall off. This presents a safety problem. Heat resistant labels need the right adhesive that will stick to your equipment and stay put when exposed to heat.
Some products or equipment remain in high temps for long periods of time, while others are only exposed for a small duration before cooling down. Some labels will be exposed to chemical solvents as part of the equipment cleaning process. Our application specialists will talk with you about the intended use of your labels. They will make sure you’re getting high-quality, high temp labels that fit your exact needs. They will help you choose the right material and the right adhesive to ensure that your high temp labels will endure the extreme conditions they’re subject to.
- In factories with high heats
- On pallets to identify assets
- On surgical and medical equipment
- On automotive parts
- In paint curing oven applications
- On electronics
Our application specialists can help you design the right high-temperature tags for your tracking and identification needs.
Waterproof Heat Resistant Labels
Water exposure contributes to the deterioration of labels. If your labels will be exposed to water long term in addition to high temperatures, you need labels that are designed to be durable. Waterproof heat resistant labels are commonly used for the following:
- Lab vials and containers that are frequently sterilized in autoclaves. Our waterproof heat resistant labels hold up against the heat and moisture of the autoclave, as well as frequent wiping with sterilizing agents.
- Industrial applications where heat and moisture are present. From factories to construction, industrial applications put labels through tough conditions.
- Products that will be frequently washed in an industrial dishwasher. The high heat of industrial dishwashers requires higher quality materials than typical labels.
- The automotive industry. Automotive parts often have to endure aggressive baths with high temperatures to remove grease and dirt.
Wherever you’ll be using your waterproof heat resistant labels, you can be sure they’ll resist deterioration and stay put through extreme conditions.
Custom High-Temperature Labels
Other labels companies offer “custom” high-temperature labels while only giving you a few options in their online form. Coast Label, however, offers truly custom labels. We can manufacture labels in the shape and size you need to withstand extremely high temperatures. We use the Pantone matching system to print your labels with just the right color.
Coast Label doesn’t have an online form to quickly order high temp labels. That’s because we work with you one-on-one to help you design the labels you need for your exact situation. Our application specialists will ask you some of the following when helping you engineer your high-temperature labels:
- What material your labels will be applied to
- The temperatures your labels will be exposed to
- The conditions your labels will be exposed to, including the presence of moisture or chemicals
- The industry standards your labels need to meet
Contact Coast Label today for your free proposal. We’ll help you design custom high temperature labels to meet your exact needs.
I like the personal contact that Coast Label provides. Every time I call I know I can talk with [people], who know me and my requirements. Medical equipment labels are very complex; Coast Label’s ISO 9001 Quality Certification is very important to my clients.